We can help you approve a Job offers in Canada

Canada welcomes more than 35 million temporary residents (non-immigrants) each year.

Individuals who wish to enter Canada for a temporary purpose, such as tourists, temporary foreign workers (Work permits) and international students (Study permits) must apply for and be granted a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV), unless they are citizens of a visa-exempt country.

The TRV is a document issued by a Canadian Immigration Visa Office outside Canada, showing that the holder has satisfied the requirements for admission to Canada as a visitor. Temporary Resident Visas may be for single entry or multiple entry.

As a general rule, tourists are admitted for a period of six months. Temporary foreign workers and international students are admitted for varying periods of time, as determined on a case-by-case basis. Extensions may be applied for within Canada.

Each year, more than 130,000 students come from abroad to study in Canada.

Most international students will require a Study Permit to study in Canada;

However, there are some exceptions.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada will normally issue a Study Permit if an applicant has received an acceptance letter from a qualified Canadian educational institution, and possesses sufficient funds to pay for tuition and living costs. In some cases, Citizenship and Immigration Canada may require applicants to undergo medical examinations and provide Police Clearance Certificates. International Students are considered Visitors in Canada. They must satisfy a Citizenship and Immigration Canada Officer at the Port of Entry that the purpose of their entry into Canada is of a temporary nature. Applicants who wish to study in Montreal or another city in the Province of Quebec will also require approval from immigration authorities of the Government of Quebec.

Currently special program named Student Partnership Program (SPP) is going on for applicants from India and China where visa success rate is very high with minimal requirements.

Working in Canada as an International Student:

Citizenship and Immigration Canada allows International Students to work in Canada in limited situations. Students are required to arrive in Canada with sufficient money to live and pay their bills while studying. However, in some cases, a student may be able to work in Canada during the course of study:

  • On campus and Off Campus without a Work Permit (20 hours a week);

  • In Co-op and Internship Programs, where work experience is part of the curriculum, with a Work Permit.

In addition, spouses/common-law partners of international students are eligible to work in Canada while their partners study.
Upon graduation, international students are encouraged to obtain Canadian work experience. The Post-Graduation Work Permit Program allows international graduates to obtain a three-year open work permit so that they can stay and contribute to the Canadian work force.

Foreign Nationals need a work permit to work in Canada. In most of the cases, you need a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) confirmation from Human Resources and Social Development Canada (HRSDC), exceptions apply i.e. HRSDC exempt work permits, NAFTA etc. Approximately every year 100,000 foreign workers come to work in Canada.

Live-in caregivers are individuals who are qualified to provide care for children, elderly persons or persons with disabilities in private homes without supervision. Live-in caregivers must live in the private home where they work in Canada.

Both the employer and the employee must follow several steps to meet the requirements of the Live-in Caregiver Program (LCP).

Following Changes to Canada’s Caregiver Program took effect on November 30, 2014.
You have not worked in Canada under the Live-in Caregiver Program and your employer’s Labour Market Impact Assessment application was received by Service Canadaafter November 30, 2014:

  • You must apply for a regular work permit.
  • You have not worked in Canada under the Live-in Caregiver Program and your employer’s Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) application was received by Service Canada or before November 30, 2014:
  • you may apply for a Live-in Caregiver Program (LCP) work permit (instructions are on this page).
  • If you already have a LCP work permit and you want to extend it or change jobs to work with another employer who agrees to a live-in arrangement:
  • o you may apply for a Live-in Caregiver Program (LCP) work permit.
  • If you choose to live out of your employer’s home, you will be leaving the Live-in Caregiver Program:
  • o You will need to apply for a regular work permit. Your current or future employer will need a new Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) before you apply. o The work you do on a live-out basis may count towards the work requirement in order to apply through either the Caring for Children or Caring for People with High Medical Needs pathway.

    must meet certain requirements to be eligible for the Live-in Caregiver Program in Canada.

    You will need:
    A positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from an employer in Canada

    Before hiring you, your employer must have:

  • applied to Employment and Social Development Canada / Service Canada (ESDC/SC) before November 30, 2014 to have their job offer reviewed; and

  • received a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from ESDC/SC.
  • If the employer receives a positive LMIA, you will be able to live in the home of your new employer and be able to apply for permanent residence through the LCP when you have met the work requirement.

    ESDC/SC will assess your employer’s job offer and the employment contract to be sure that it meets the requirements for wages and working conditions and the provincial/territorial labour and employment standards, and that there are no Canadians or permanent residents available to do the work. If ESDC/SC finds the job offer acceptable, they will issue a positive LMIA to your employer.

    You will need to submit a copy of the positive LMIA when you apply for a work permit.

    Written contract with your future employer, signed by you and the employer

    You and your future employer are legally required to sign a written employment contract. You must submit the signed contract with your work permit application. This must be the same employment contract submitted to ESDC/SC by your employer, unless you provide an explanation of any changes (for example, a new start date).

    The written employment contract will ensure there is a fair working arrangement between you and your employer.

    The employment contract must demonstrate that the Live-in Caregiver Program requirements are met by including a description of:

  • mandatory employer-paid benefits, including:
  • transportation to Canada from your country of permanent residence or the country of habitual residence to the location of work in Canada
  • medical insurance coverage provided from the date of your arrival until you are eligible for provincial health insurance.
  • workplace safety insurance coverage for the duration of the employment
  • all recruitment fees, including any amount payable to a third-party recruiter or agents hired by the employer that would otherwise have been charged to you.
  • job duties
  • hours of work
  • wages
  • accommodation arrangements (including room and board)
  • holiday and sick leave entitlements
  • termination and resignation terms

  • Completion of the equivalent of a Canadian secondary school education

    You must have successfully completed the equivalent of Canadian high school education (secondary school). Because of the differences in school systems across Canada, it is not possible to give a precise number of years. In most provinces, it takes 12 years of schooling to obtain a Canadian high school diploma. The immigration officer assessing your application will let you know what is needed.

    At least six months’ training or at least one year of full-time paid work experience as a caregiver or in a related field or occupation (including six months with one employer) in the past three years

    To claim work experience, you need to have worked for one year, including at least six months of continuous employment for the same employer. This work experience must be in a field or occupation specific to what you will do as a live-in caregiver. This experience must have been acquired within the three years immediately before the day on which you make an application for a work permit as a caregiver.

    To claim training, it must have been full-time training in a classroom setting. Areas of study could be early childhood education, geriatric care, pediatric nursing or first aid.

    Good knowledge of English or French

    You must be able to speak, read and understand either English or French so that you can function on your own in your employer’s home. For example, you must be able to call emergency services if they are needed, and to understand labels on medication. You will be unsupervised for most of the day and may have to communicate with someone outside the home. You can also read and understand your rights and obligations if you can function in English or French.

On December 1, 2011, the Canadian Government introduced the Super Visa that allows parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents to visit their family in Canada for up to two years without needing to renew their status.

The Parent and Grandparent Super Visa (Super Visa) is a temporary resident permit that allows parents and grandparents to stay for up to 2 years in Canada per visit. It is valid for up to 10 years. A regular multiple-entry visa is also valid for up to 10 years, but only allows stays of up to 6 months per visit

What are the requirements for the Super Visa?
  • Be the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada;
  • Be found admissible to Canada; and
  • Meet certain other conditions.
  • Submit written proof that son or grandson will provide financial support and that he meets a minimum income threshold.
  • Complete an immigration medical examination
  • Purchase private medical insurance for 1 year from a Canadian company for at least $100,000 coverage.

  • Labour Market Impact Assessment

    Candidates with a provincial nomination under Express Entry or a job offer supported by an LMIA are awarded an additional 600 points.

    Employers of High-Skilled foreign workers who require an LMIA can choose to complete either a Temporary LMIA or a Permanent LMIA application. There is Government processing fees of $ 1000.00 for LMIA applications but this fees is exempted in case you are applying LMIA to support permanent residence application under express entry program.

    A Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) is a document that an employer in Canada may need to get before hiring a foreign worker.

    A positive LMIA will show that there is a need for a foreign worker to fill the job and that no Canadian worker is available to do the job. A positive LMIA is sometimes called a confirmation letter.

    Your proposed employer must contact Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC). ESDC will provide details on the LMIA application process.

    In some cases, you may not need an LMIA to apply for a work permit.

    As a general rule, any applicant who has a suitable job offer from a Canadian employer, but who does not have a valid temporary work permit and is not authorized to work in Canada must have the Canadian employer obtain an Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) prior to submitting their FSWP application in order to benefit from Arranged Employment.

    In some cases, foreign workers who are currently working in Canada are still required to have their employers obtain an LMIA to benefit from Arranged Employment. This includes the following types of applicants:

  • Foreign workers who have a job offer from a Canadian employer that is different from the employer indicated on their work permits;
  • Foreign workers who have work permits that were issued without an LMIA due to exemptions other than those noted above, e.g. the Intra-Company Transfer category;
  • Foreign workers who have open work permits (not linked to any specific employer); and
  • Individuals who are authorized to work in Canada without a work permit, such as business visitors.
  • One interesting aspect of the new Arranged Employment regulations is that an LMIA obtained from Service Canada entitles the applicant to a temporary work permit immediately. Thus, the applicant may be able to come to Canada as a temporary foreign worker immediately, while their permanent residence FSWP application is still being processed.